this=that: a life-size photo guide to food serves: revised and expanded (2011, reprinted 2013)
If you want a no-fuss approach to eating well for a better body and health, then you've found it. I promise you won't be disappointed. This is the best photographic visual portion guide you will ever find.
More than 400 life-size food and drink photos show serve sizes.
Just by looking at pictures you will quickly see how different foods compare for the same energy value. You'll also find out how many serves to eat each day to reach your goals.
Want a quick no-fuss approach to great nutrition and weight control by enjoying everyday foods?
Want to stop counting calories? Get this book!
With the help of real life-size food photos, you'll see which foods to have more or less of for better health and body shape with this award winning book.
Inside, you'll find an easy-to-use format of life-size images divided into different food sections. This book is big. It's about 225 mm x 310 mm in size and the weight is close to 1.6 kg.
To open 'more images' and view some extra pages from the original version of this=that, you may need to 'allow blocked' when prompted by your computer. Your Internet browser settings may think these images are advertisements when they are not - the extra images will help you decide the value of the book.
"this=that" is used by loads of people. You'll find it in households across the world as well as in doctors' and dietitians' practices, at dentists, in personal trainers' kit bags, with diabetes educators, at gyms, and even with private weight watching clubs and other businesses.
There are many life-size foods and listed below are just a few to give you an idea of the wide range of photos included.
- You'll find popular everyday items such as fresh salmon, chicken breast and tenderloins, steak, breads, rices, noodles, wrap breads, vegetables, 'light' salad plate and bowl, juices, dried fruits, tortilla, eggs, quiche, frittata, lasagne sheets, mini pikelets, pasta salad, dark chocolate, and red wine.....the list keeps going on and on.
- And you'll find interesting ingredients and foods such as sesame seed bars, nut snack bars, ricotta cheese, sports drink, mulberries, red papaya, turkey breast steaks, tangelo, wild rice, and even smoked salmon.
The photos clearly show serve sizes for people aged 14 and upwards. Simply place your food on the photos to reveal any differences in serve size.
Everyday foods. Your choice. Your health.
Featured on TV, in magazines and newspapers.
The author Trudy Williams won the President's Award for Innovation for this book, with the 1st edition of this book in 2005. It has stood the test of time since then and now it has been, due to its popularity, it has been fully updated, revised and enlarged edition this year (July 2011).
For bulk orders of 10 or more copies, contact us directly for a quote.
The book is weighty and when packed weighs close to 1.6 kg (2.8 lbs).
This unique book will help you:
- take the guess work out of serve sizes with life-size photos
- see that your serves are the best for good health
- choose foods to fill you, not fatten you
- improve your food choices for better health
- compare foods quickly just by looking at photos
- discover which foods to have more of
- recognise how easy it is to eat well with real, everyday food, not 'diet' food
- avoid portion perfection
- break through the weight loss plateau
Foods are not linked to brand names so the book is suitable for use internationally. Almost 500 foods and drinks are featured - more than 400 are shown as life-size images.
- Includes recommended number of serves for adults and children aged 14 or more
- For those with an eye for detail, the comprehensive index of foods and drinks shows nutrient compositions. Protein, fat, carbohydrate, kilojoules, calories, and alcohol contents for each photo-serve are shown.
- Includes a section that helps you to estimate your daily energy needs.