"this=that" is used by loads of people. You'll find it in households across the world as well as in doctors' and dietitians' practices, at dentists, in personal trainers' kit bags, with diabetes educators, at gyms, and even with private weight watching clubs and other businesses.
There are many life-size foods and listed below are just a few to give you an idea of the wide range of photos included.
- You'll find popular everyday items such as fresh salmon, chicken breast and tenderloins, steak, breads, rices, noodles, wrap breads, vegetables, 'light' salad plate and bowl, juices, dried fruits, tortilla, eggs, quiche, frittata, lasagne sheets, mini pikelets, pasta salad, dark chocolate, and red wine.....the list keeps going on and on.
- And you'll find interesting ingredients and foods such as sesame seed bars, nut snack bars, ricotta cheese, sports drink, mulberries, red papaya, turkey breast steaks, tangelo, wild rice, and even smoked salmon.
The photos clearly show serve sizes for people aged 14 and upwards. Simply place your food on the photos to reveal any differences in serve size.
Everyday foods. Your choice. Your health.
Featured on TV, in magazines and newspapers.
The author Trudy Williams won the President's Award for Innovation for this book, with the 1st edition of this book in 2005. It has stood the test of time since then and now it has been, due to its popularity, it has been fully updated, revised and enlarged edition this year (2013).
For bulk orders of 8 or more copies, contact us directly for a quote.
The book is weighty and when packed weighs close to 1.7 kg.
This unique book will help you:
- take the guess work out of serve sizes with life-size photos
- see that your serves are the best for good health
- choose foods to fill you, not fatten you
- improve your food choices for better health
- compare foods quickly just by looking at photos
- discover which foods to have more of
- recognise how easy it is to eat well with real, everyday food, not 'diet' food
- avoid portion perfection
- break through the weight loss plateau
Foods are not linked to brand names so the book is suitable for use internationally. Almost 500 foods and drinks are featured - more than 400 are shown as life-size images.
- Includes recommended number of serves for adults and children aged 14 or more
- For those with an eye for detail, the comprehensive index of foods and drinks shows nutrient compositions. Protein, fat, carbohydrate, kilojoules, calories, and alcohol contents for each photo-serve are shown.
- Includes a section that helps you to estimate your daily energy needs.